Ruby 1.8.7-p302.exe file i am not getting

please i want to install the version ruby1.8.7-p302.exe please help me
out

On 21 January 2015 at 10:27, Lokesh B. [email protected] wrote:

please i want to install the version ruby1.8.7-p302.exe please help me
out

I suggest using rvm.

Colin

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Lokesh B. [email protected]
wrote:

please i want to install the version ruby1.8.7-p302.exe please help me

​I would suggest doing ruby development on a linux VM instead of
windows.

Your can install any ruby version using RVM.

Thanks,
Ganesh​

There is no RVM on windows, which we can imply as the OPs system because
of
.exe fileextension.
Am 21.01.2015 12:42 schrieb “Colin L.” [email protected]:

On 22 January 2015 at 09:42, Norbert M. [email protected] wrote:

There is no RVM on windows, which we can imply as the OPs system because of
.exe fileextension.

I still suggest using rvm. If that is not available on Windows then
don’t use windows. That is only my suggestion. Others may have other
suggestions.

Colin

Using Linux plus RVM (or similar) is also my suggestion in most cases.
But
throwing just RVM to an obvious windowsuser is a little rude I think, if
something is not available on the platform in question, one should
always
suggest to switch platform and then to use the better toolbox over
there.
Am 22.01.2015 10:50 schrieb “Colin L.” [email protected]:

On 22 January 2015 at 09:56, Norbert M. [email protected] wrote:

Using Linux plus RVM (or similar) is also my suggestion in most cases. But
throwing just RVM to an obvious windowsuser is a little rude I think, if
something is not available on the platform in question, one should always
suggest to switch platform and then to use the better toolbox over there.

It was unintentional, but in fact I believe rvm can be used with
cygwin (though I would not recommend it) and a little time ago I read
that Win support was planned, though searching now it seems that is
not likely to be soon.

Colin

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 9:50:36 AM UTC, Colin L. wrote:

uru ( https://bitbucket.org/jonforums/uru ) is suggested as an
alternative
by the pik readme

Fred

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Norbert M. [email protected]
wrote:

Using Linux plus RVM (or similar) is also my suggestion in most cases. But
throwing just RVM to an obvious windowsuser is a little rude I think, if
something is not available on the platform in question, one should always
suggest to switch platform and then to use the better toolbox over there.

​Moving to Linux now on a VM saves a ton of headache later.