Ruby 1.8.6-p368 released

Hello all. It’s time for a new release.

This time we’ve fixed dozens of bugs, including workarounds for
CVE-2007-1558 and CVE-2008-1447. Many segfaults are also fixed. For
a complete list of what has been fixed, please read the ChangeLogs.

I’m afraid to inform you that we are not ready for a 1.8.7 counterpart
of it. That’s almost done, but a few test cases are still not green.
I’ll finish them up and re-inform you in a matter of days. Please be
patient.

Released tarballs are available at:

ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.6-p368.zip

and checksums:

MD5(ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.gz)= 508bf1911173ac43e4e6c31d9dc36b8f
SHA256(ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.gz)=
cc8cad3edd02d8c2de3c63a7d8a5cb85af39766dd47360a9c0f26339b101e2a0
SIZE(ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.gz)= 4602095

MD5(ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.bz2)= 623447c6d8c973193aae565a5538ccfc
SHA256(ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.bz2)=
1bd398a125040261f8e9e74289277c82063aae174ada9f300d2bea0a42ccdcc1
SIZE(ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.bz2)= 3967709

MD5(ruby-1.8.6-p368.zip)= 3d301a4b1aded1922570585bbece2c29
SHA256(ruby-1.8.6-p368.zip)=
8ba4bfd14d2914bfe2c18ffa9da084234be978fd0eee654f7a5c732a1beb0246
SIZE(ruby-1.8.6-p368.zip)= 5619494

Have fun.

Hello all, and sorry for a late reply.

Urabe S. wrote:

I’m afraid to inform you that we are not ready for a 1.8.7 counterpart
of it. That’s almost done, but a few test cases are still not green.
I’ll finish them up and re-inform you in a matter of days. Please be
patient.

I’m glad I’ve finally put a 1.8.7 release on our FTP server. It’s a
counterpart of 1.8.6-p368, so many bugs are fixed since the latest
1.8.7.
Check the ChangeLog for more details.

Released tarballs are available at:

ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.7-p160.zip

and checksums:

MD5(ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.gz)= 945398f97e2de6dd8ab6df68d10bb1a1
SHA256(ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.gz)=
47c3d1ae6b3dbda230d04f258304516fc1da571fa757d5e1d8d0104b49045530
SIZE(ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.gz)= 4818817

MD5(ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.bz2)= f8ddb886b8a81cf005f53e9a9541091d
SHA256(ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.bz2)=
e524a086212d2142c03eb6b82cd602adcac9dcf8bf60049e89aa4ca69864984d
SIZE(ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.bz2)= 4137518

MD5(ruby-1.8.7-p160.zip)= 06319bafa225df47fe26dfb52bc174a7
SHA256(ruby-1.8.7-p160.zip)=
c56fefbb9e7e186bf9feeb864793ad2a53062ce871b47ab0170316e38f738995
SIZE(ruby-1.8.7-p160.zip)= 5876269

Have fun.

Urabe S. wrote:

Hello all. It’s time for a new release.

This time we’ve fixed dozens of bugs, including workarounds for
CVE-2007-1558 and CVE-2008-1447. Many segfaults are also fixed. For
a complete list of what has been fixed, please read the ChangeLogs.

Would it be possible for release notifications like this to be posted to
the news page on ruby-lang.org in future?

It’s quite easy to miss notifications on the Ruby-Talk list, so having
them on the news page (and in the associated RSS feed) would be useful.

Regards,

Phil

Hello,

i found a bug when using cap with p368.

https://capistrano.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8716/tickets/79-capistrano-hangs-on-shell-command-for-many-computers-on-ruby-186-p368

Hello Phil,

Phil Ross wrote:

It’s quite easy to miss notifications on the Ruby-Talk list, so having
them on the news page (and in the associated RSS feed) would be useful.

I agree with you, but I don’t have a write privilege on
www.ruby-lang.org.

Urabe S. wrote:

Phil Ross wrote:

It’s quite easy to miss notifications on the Ruby-Talk list, so having
them on the news page (and in the associated RSS feed) would be useful.

I agree with you, but I don’t have a write privilege on
www.ruby-lang.org.

Perhaps you could add [ANN] to the subject of this email, so it is
readily recognized as being an announcement?

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs