RSS feed help

I have created a xml file that I want to change into and rss feed and
then parse it so it looks anyother rss feed. The file takes data from my
database but I am at a loss on how to get this to an rss feed, can
anyone help?

view

xml.instruct! :xml, :version=>“1.0”
xml.product_record do
@products.each do |p|
xml.itemtype(p.item_type)
xml.itemname(p.item_name)
xml.description(p.description)
xml.sellername(p.seller_name)
xml.selleremail(p.seller_email)

controller

class InfoController < ApplicationController
def prodlist
@products = Product.find(:all, :order=> “item_name”)
render :layout => false

Hey Alan. Here’s how I create RSS in Rails:

view

xml.instruct!

xml.rss “version” => “2.0”, “xmlns:dc” => “http://purl.org/dc/elements/
1.1/” do
xml.channel do
@products.each do |p|
xml.title(p.item_name)
xml.link(url_for :only_path => false, :controller => ‘products’)
xml.description(p.description)

That’d get you the basics. Is that all you need?

ESPNDev

[email protected] wrote:

Hey Alan. Here’s how I create RSS in Rails:

view

xml.instruct!

xml.rss “version” => “2.0”, “xmlns:dc” => “http://purl.org/dc/elements/
1.1/” do
xml.channel do
@products.each do |p|
xml.title(p.item_name)
xml.link(url_for :only_path => false, :controller => ‘products’)
xml.description(p.description)

That’d get you the basics. Is that all you need?

ESPNDev

That works really well, not sure why it only shows one item will have to
figure taht out but definatly a great starting point thanks.

Ok I tried ro find out whats wrong by validating the rss feed and it
complains that there are too many titles and such. I believe this could
be the problem as to why is not showing all the products but im at quite
a loss can anyone help?

source code

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Fiat
http://localhost:3000/products
In good condition, 5 years old.
KLSexxy
[email protected]

<title>Great Hits</title>
<link>http://localhost:3000/products</link>
<description>Greatist rock hits ever!!</description>
<sellername>JAY01</sellername>
<selleremail>[email protected]</selleremail>
<title>Trek</title>

<link>http://localhost:3000/products</link>
<description>Proffesional Trek riding bike, want to sell for no less

than £50. The bike can be delivered or can be collected. Please
contact via email.
JG02
[email protected]

Whats appears on site

Trek

Proffesional Trek riding bike, want to sell for no less than £50. The
bike can be delivered or can be collected. Please contact via email.

I believe you are missing tags. You need to wrap each
product as an item grouping. For examples of a working RSS feed I
suggest you pull your favorite source and have a look inside.

– Long
http://FATdrive.tv/wall/trakb/10-Long
http://FATdrive.tv/ - store, play, share