Rspec2, Autotest showing failure on all passing specs

Hey guys,
This is making me nuts, and I’ve run out of things to google.
I’m writing myself a little gem library, primarily for my own
education. I got a healthy start on my specs and figured I could do
myself a favor and get the specs running under autotest. It’s not
working quite like I expected. My specs all pass, but autotest is
showing red instead of green. I’ve uploaded a screenshot of what I’m
seeing, since I don’t have a specific error to report.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3396/screenshotterminal08111.png

You can see rspec is working fine without autotest.

I’m looking for two things here:
a) How do I get more information out of autotest and/or rspec about
this apparent error? I’ve tried various incantations involving
–verbose and -b and nothing seems to be getting at the information I
want.
b) How do I fix this? I’d be happy to do more googling but I don’t
know what to look for anymore, various combinations of ‘autotest’
‘failure’ ‘rspec’ ‘rspec2’ arn’t getting me the information I need and
I don’t know what other keywords I can use. I’ve gisted some of my
configuration type files in hopes that I’ve just missed some simple
setup (I used jeweler to start the setup, but it’s setup for rspec1
not rspec2 so I wonder if that’s where the problem originated?) You
can see those here: http://gist.github.com/518386 (I’d be happy to
include more if it’s useful.)

Off to try and reproduce this on a fresh gemset…

-Cole

On Aug 10, 2010, at 10:45 PM, Pixel wrote:

I don’t know what other keywords I can use. I’ve gisted some of my
configuration type files in hopes that I’ve just missed some simple
setup (I used jeweler to start the setup, but it’s setup for rspec1
not rspec2 so I wonder if that’s where the problem originated?) You
can see those here: http://gist.github.com/518386 (I’d be happy to
include more if it’s useful.)

I’ve never seen that before. Do you have red_green installed and maybe
referenced from ~/.autotest?

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:21 AM, David C. [email protected]
wrote:

I’ve never seen that before. Do you have red_green installed and maybe referenced from ~/.autotest?

Off to try and reproduce this on a fresh gemset…

-Cole

Hey David,
It appears at the moment that this is coming from a gem called
autotest-notification that does a bit of magic with the ~/.autotest
file to add itself. There is an open issue already and it doesn’t
seem like there is anything hinky about my setup. My current
suspicion is that it’s because this autotest-notification gem can’t
play nicely with a) latest autotest b) rspec2 c)ruby 1.9.*. I’m
poking around in it right now to try to figure out if it’s something I
can fix.

Thanks for your response, for whatever reason I thought that bit of
output was coming from autotest when it’s really coming from this
other gem.

Thanks.
-Cole

On Aug 11, 2010, at 2:48 PM, Pixel wrote:

autotest-notification that does a bit of magic with the ~/.autotest
file to add itself. There is an open issue already and it doesn’t
seem like there is anything hinky about my setup. My current
suspicion is that it’s because this autotest-notification gem can’t
play nicely with a) latest autotest b) rspec2 c)ruby 1.9.*. I’m
poking around in it right now to try to figure out if it’s something I
can fix.

Thanks for your response, for whatever reason I thought that bit of
output was coming from autotest when it’s really coming from this
other gem.

Glad you found it, and thanks for following up. Hopefully you’ll save
the next person to experience this a few cycles.

Cheers,
David

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs