RSpec swallowing huge chunks of my backtraces

I don’t know exactly when this started happening, but it seems like
RSpec
recently started swallowing huge chunks of the backtrace. Sometimes I
don’t
even get one.

This is making it extremely annoying to debug as I’m unable to see where
the
error is occurring.

Anyone know what’s up?

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Tony A. removed[email protected] wrote:

I don’t know exactly when this started happening, but it seems like RSpec
recently started swallowing huge chunks of the backtrace. Â Sometimes I don’t
even get one.

This is making it extremely annoying to debug as I’m unable to see where the
error is occurring.

Anyone know what’s up?

I started noticing the same thing today:

NoMethodError in ‘XML::Importer should extract a list of jobs from the
provided XML’
You have a nil object when you didn’t expect it!
The error occurred while evaluating nil.text

Finished in 0.03372 seconds

1 example, 1 failure

It would be awesome to know what line that was occurring on…

Best,
Michael G.

On Thursday 29 October 2009, Michael G. wrote:

|I started noticing the same thing today:
|
|It would be awesome to know what line that was occurring on…
|
|Best,
|Michael G.
|

I noticed something like that recently (at least using ruby 1.9) and
solved it
by passing the -b option to spec. I don’t know the reason for this
change. I
tried looking at the rspec CHANGELOG but it didn’t show anything related
(at
least, I didn’t recognize it).

I hope this helps

Stefano

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Stefano C.
[email protected] wrote:

|
|1 example, 1 failure
least, I didn’t recognize it).

I hope this helps

Thanks, this helps, now when I need a detailed backtrace I can just
add -b to spec/spec.opts

Michael G.