RSpec for Rails 3

Hi folks,

DHH has tentatively suggested a Rails 3 beta this month, so an innocent
question: what’s the plan, such as it is, for Rails 3 support in RSpec?
Personally there’s no way I’ll be able to move any of my applications to
Rails 3 until I can run the specs.

Absent any specific information I’ve been assuming the answer is a
Debian-style “it’ll be done when it’s done”, i.e. there’s no plan to
roll out Rails 3 compatibility in the immediate future. However, if
there’s anything more detailed than that, I’d love to hear it.
Presumably nobody on the list is yet using RSpec with Rails 3?

Bonus question: are we likely to see Rails 3 compatibility in RSpec 1 as
an interim measure, or is it only slated for an eventual appearance in
RSpec 2?

Cheers,
-Tom

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Tom S. [email protected] wrote:

Hi folks,

DHH has tentatively suggested a Rails 3 beta this month, so an innocent question: what’s the plan, such as it is, for Rails 3 support in RSpec? Personally there’s no way I’ll be able to move any of my applications to Rails 3 until I can run the specs.

Absent any specific information I’ve been assuming the answer is a Debian-style “it’ll be done when it’s done”, i.e. there’s no plan to roll out Rails 3 compatibility in the immediate future. However, if there’s anything more detailed than that, I’d love to hear it. Presumably nobody on the list is yet using RSpec with Rails 3?

Bonus question: are we likely to see Rails 3 compatibility in RSpec 1 as an interim measure, or is it only slated for an eventual appearance in RSpec 2?

Start here:
http://blog.davidchelimsky.net/2010/01/12/rspec-2-and-rails-3/

I’ll be making some more announcements about rspec-2 soon. Our goal is
to release rspec-rails-2.0.0.a1 when rails-3.0.0.pre comes out.

Cheers,
David

On 19 Jan 2010, at 13:22, David C. wrote:

Start here: http://blog.davidchelimsky.net/2010/01/12/rspec-2-and-rails-3/
I’ll be making some more announcements about rspec-2 soon. Our goal is
to release rspec-rails-2.0.0.a1 when rails-3.0.0.pre comes out.

Oh, that’s great, thanks David. Sorry I missed the blog post – I only
read the list.

Cheers,
-Tom

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Tom S. [email protected] wrote:

On 19 Jan 2010, at 13:22, David C. wrote:

Start here: http://blog.davidchelimsky.net/2010/01/12/rspec-2-and-rails-3/
I’ll be making some more announcements about rspec-2 soon. Our goal is
to release rspec-rails-2.0.0.a1 when rails-3.0.0.pre comes out.

Oh, that’s great, thanks David. Sorry I missed the blog post – I only read the list.

No apologies necessary. I’ll follow up in the next day or so w/ more
information.

Cheers,
David

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs