RoR with CSS on Firefox?

Does anybody have any experience getting CSS working with RoR on
Firefox? I need help!!!

I’m trying to move to the

model from the model so I can
use AJAX. The move to
s requires I also start using CSS for
layout, etc.

So here’s the problem I’m having.

Firefox will not use the styles I’ve defined for the

s. They never
change color as expected (that’s all the styles define) though they do
in IE. I’m using Firebug with Firefox and, in addition to not
displaying as expected, I get an error everytime I try to access the
Style tab. I know that it’s finding / using the stylesheet though,
because I have another entry in there that does get used.

Also, I have an image in the banner that’s not displaying either. Yet
if I right click on the place holder and select “View Image” it pulls it
up just fine.

I’m going crazy here!!! Can someone please help?!?!?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

If some of your css is working then ror is working fine with your css.
Try checking out some of the many css forums.

Bill,
It sounds as if your developing in IE. Don’t develop using IE. It’s a
hard habit to break but once you do your life will become easier. Use
FireFox then correct the CSS to accommodate IE flaws such as the Box
Model Hack etc. Believe me it’s much easier this way.

I’m not sure but it sounds as if your developing RoR and your look and
feel at the same time. If you are, try designing the page look in your
favorite editor. Then move the CSS to RoR and carve up the elements of
the page and stick them in the view/s helper/s etc…

Hope this helps.
Scott

Hi Scott (and Jason and Dean),

Good advice from all. Turns out the problem was that IE could work with
‘background: fcc’ but Firefox needed ‘background-color: #fcc’. I
didn’t
know about the online validation tools and did join / contact the
css-discuss list. They showed me how to fix the initial problem and
pointed
me to the validation tools. What I’ve got works now but I’m getting
warnings in the validation tools: “You have no color with your
background-color :” ;-p

There really is a lot to learn to move from tables to CSS. I’m trying
see it as an ‘opportunity’ :wink:

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Bill