RoR Problems with special Character in the model

Hi all,

after two hours of googling I’ll ask you :wink:

I have an ActiveRecord class which I extended with a method that returns
an array of strings as categories.
One string has a special character in it.
When the class is used there is an error:
parse error, unexpected tCONSTANT, expecting ‘]’

When the special character is removed or replaced by ue everything works
fine.

Part of the code:

def rubriken
rubriken=
[
[“Grundstücke”,“Grundstücke”]
]
end

The source file itself is encoded in utf-8.

Any ideas ?

Joachim Reichel wrote:

When the special character is removed or replaced by ue everything works

The source file itself is encoded in utf-8.

Any ideas ?

Have you tried using “Grundst\232cke” instead of “Grundstücke”?

Michael,
I did it with \u00F6 and after your post with \232 instead of the
ü.The code runs then, but in the select box in the view file there is an ?
shown. The view rhtml has a metatag requesting utf-8.

Zouplaz schrieb:

You should triple check that - Because I had the same problem and the
files was not utf-8 encoded (windows cp something instead)…

First of: feels good not to be the only one with such a annoying
problem.

After I read your reply I decided to check the controller and view files
too.
I set them all to utf8 and - it works now :slight_smile:

Thanks

le 09/06/2007 00:55, Joachim Reichel nous a dit:

The source file itself is encoded in utf-8.

You should triple check that - Because I had the same problem and the
files was not utf-8 encoded (windows cp something instead)…

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs