ri_cal version 0.5.0 has been released!
A new Ruby implementation of RFC2445 iCalendar.
The existing Ruby iCalendar libraries (e.g. icalendar, vpim) provide
for parsing and generating icalendar files,
but do not support important things like enumerating occurrences of
This is a clean-slate implementation of RFC2445.
A Google group for discussion of this library has been set up
Missing comparison methods in PropertyValue::Date
Type of dtstart and dtend (DATE or DATETIME) now preserved on
EXDATE and RDATE now pick up the timezone from DateTime, Time, and
Missing arithmetic methods in PropertyValue::Date
Components with no recurrence rules or rdate properties failed
on enumeration, they now
will enumerate a single occurrence
- Fixed a bug relating to properly recognizing
- DATETIME propertyvalues will now return an instance of TimeWithZone
instead of DateTime when
activesupport is present, and it is appropriate. See the README for
- Added rake tasks to run specs with either the tzinfo gem or
- Default rake task now runs both of these
- Fixed a bug in occurrence enumeration reported by paulsm on github
- Fixed a bug in imported timezones reported by paulsm on github
- Added tzid method to Ruby Time and DateTime instances, and to
ActiveRecord::TimeWithZone if it is defined this method is used to
determine the desired
timezone when an instance of one of these classes is given as the
value of a datetime property. If the tzid is nil then the default
tzid is used,
if it is set to :floating then the property will be a floating time.
- Removed the ability to pass an array with a tzid string and a
date-time since the above made it unnecessary
- The ruby datetime property returned from the ruby_value method on
the DateTime property will return an instance of ::DateTime with:
** The proper utc offset
** The tzid set to the right tzid
- Made exdate/rdate building possible
- Added a default_tzid attribute to the Calendar component, if this
attribute is not set for a particular calendar it will delegate to the
for the DateTime property class.
- Added fix patches from
- Fixed gemspec