Resolv.rb issues with metasploit3.1 on OSX 10.5.4 ruby 1.8.6

I don’t know whether this may be an issue related to the metasploit
framework or to the ruby core directly…

one of the latest metasploit plugins uses the resolv module:

require ‘resolv’

once i run the plugin, I got the following error:

Auxiliary failed: no such file to load – win32/resolv
[07/24/2008 16:24:11] [d(3)] core: Call stack:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
gem_original_require' /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:inrequire’
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:495:in
require' /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:342:innew_constants_in’
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:495:in
require' ./lib/net/dns/resolver.rb:1031:inparse_config_file’
./lib/net/dns/resolver.rb:226:in initialize' /Users/cristian/Downloads/trunk/modules/auxiliary/spoof/dns/bailiwicked_host.rb:189:innew’
/Users/cristian/Downloads/trunk/modules/auxiliary/spoof/dns/bailiwicked_host.rb:189:in
run' ./lib/msf/base/simple/auxiliary.rb:96:injob_run_proc’
./lib/msf/base/simple/auxiliary.rb:75:in run_simple' ./lib/msf/base/simple/auxiliary.rb:85:inrun_simple’
./lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/auxiliary.rb:128:in cmd_run' ./lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:234:insend’
./lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:234:in run_command' ./lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:196:inrun_single’
./lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:191:in each' ./lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:191:inrun_single’
./lib/rex/ui/text/shell.rb:125:in `run’
./msfconsole:78

why is it requiring to use a win32 library while I’m running ruby on
OSX?

Any help is appreciated

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs