'require' does not work under mod_ruby


#1

When using: “require ‘engine.rbx’” under mod_ruby, I get “File does not
exist” error. However, if I change “require” to “load”, it gets loaded
allright. the file and it directory has correct permissions (755).
“Untaint”-ing the file does solve the problem.

I am particularly confused about this error - how can the ruby say the
file does not exist when it evidentnly does?


#2

Frantisek Fuka wrote:

When using: “require ‘engine.rbx’” under mod_ruby, I get “File does not
exist” error. However, if I change “require” to “load”, it gets loaded
allright. the file and it directory has correct permissions (755).
“Untaint”-ing the file does solve the problem.

I am particularly confused about this error - how can the ruby say the
file does not exist when it evidentnly does?

chmod +x engine.rbx

Nezabírá?

Kyosuke :wink:


#3

A mentioned in my original post, the file already has permissions set
to “755”. Thus, “chmod +x” does nothing.


#4

Hi,

“Frantisek Fuka” removed_email_address@domain.invalid writes:

When using: “require ‘engine.rbx’” under mod_ruby, I get “File does not
exist” error. However, if I change “require” to “load”, it gets loaded
allright. the file and it directory has correct permissions (755).
“Untaint”-ing the file does solve the problem.

I am particularly confused about this error - how can the ruby say the
file does not exist when it evidentnly does?

See ri ‘Kernel#require’.

If the file has the extension .rb'', it is loaded as a source file; if the extension is.so’’, .o'', or.dll’’, or whatever the
default shared library extension is on the current platform, Ruby
loads the shared library as a Ruby extension.
Otherwise, Ruby tries adding .rb'',.so’’, and so on to the name.


#5

WATANABE Hirofumi wrote:

I am particularly confused about this error - how can the ruby say the

Oops! Right now I tried this, it really behaves this way. I suspected
initially that this was the case, but in a quick experiment it had
worked for both “require” and “load”, so I became confused. But now I
realized I tried it with “.rb” extension rather than “.rbx”. /me stupid.

I didn’t notice the “file” part in the “file and directory have
correct permissions”, so the permissions problem as a logical
afterthought and advice didn’t strike this obstacle. :smiley:

Jakub