Request for Duration library localizations

If you speak another language and would like to contribute to the
Duration library, you can contribute largely by writing short
translation files!

You can install Duration like-so:
$ gem install -r duration (may need to be root)

The default English localization can be used as a sample reference to
building your own. Currently there are two localizations, English and
Korean.

The English localization can be found at:
http://pastie.caboo.se/131325

Thanks in advance to anyone who comes up with translations :slight_smile:
Also, since I can’t verify the correctness of anyone’s translations, I
would also appreciate any feedback it (because I only speak two
languages).

|Matthew H.|

MH> The English localization can be found at:
MH> Parked at Loopia
Other languages may have more than 1 plural form. See for example
Linux Development - Mandriva Linux

Matthew H. wrote:

If you speak another language and would like to contribute to the
Duration library, you can contribute largely by writing short
translation files!

dutch.rb is attached.

Le 21 décembre 2007 à 15:30, Matthew H. a écrit :

The default English localization can be used as a sample reference to
building your own. Currently there are two localizations, English and
Korean.

French is quite straightforward :

class Duration
module Localizations
# French localization
module French
LOCALE = :french
PLURALS = %w(secondes minutes heures jours semaines)
SINGULARS = %w(seconde minute heure jour semaine )
FORMAT = proc do |duration|
str = duration.format(’%w %~w, %d %~d, %h %~h, %m %~m, %s %~s’)
str.sub(/^0 [a-z]+,?/i, ‘’).gsub(/ 0 [a-z]+,?/i,
‘’).chomp(’,’).sub(/, (\d+ [a-z]+)$/i, ’ et \1’).strip
# Produit un message du genre :
# 10 semaines, 2 jours, 3 heures, 4 minutes et 5 secondes

Fred

Polish should be simple too, problem might be “Å„” which is polish
diacritical.

http://pastie.caboo.se/131743

Thanks in advance to anyone who comes up with translations :slight_smile:
Also, since I can’t verify the correctness of anyone’s translations,
I would also appreciate any feedback it (because I only speak two
languages).

I‘m late to the game. Here’s the German:
http://pastie.caboo.se/136835

-Ben