Render partial from withit mail template

Hi,

I’m trying to include a partial in an email template but it throws me
this:

undefined method `controller_path’ for SupportMailer:Class

Extracted source (around line #12):

11:
12: <%= render :partial => ‘footer’ %>

I guess email views are a little different from normal ones as they
don’t seem to have a access to a proper controller (?)

is there a quick way around this?

Jeroen

Jeroen H. wrote:

Hi,

I’m trying to include a partial in an email template but it throws me
this:

undefined method `controller_path’ for SupportMailer:Class

Extracted source (around line #12):

11:
12: <%= render :partial => ‘footer’ %>

I guess email views are a little different from normal ones as they
don’t seem to have a access to a proper controller (?)

is there a quick way around this?

Jeroen

try ‘…/controller/template’


Agnieszka F.

Agnieszka F. wrote:

11:

But what if the footer is in /views/support_mailer ?

Jeroen H. wrote:

try ‘…/controller/template’

But what if the footer is in /views/support_mailer ?

Ah this seems to do the trick: <%= render :partial => “./footer” %>

Jeroen

I’ve set my mailman prefs so I should be receiving my own mail from
the maillist however it doesn’t come through. I am using gmail and
getting my mail with a POP client. Has anybody else had this problem?

Stephen B. wrote:

I’ve set my mailman prefs so I should be receiving my own mail from the
maillist however it doesn’t come through. I am using gmail and getting
my mail with a POP client. Has anybody else had this problem?
Allegedly Gmail filters your own posts to mailing lists itself. I don’t
use it myself, so I can’t comment further…

On this page: http://dev.rubyonrails.org/newticket theres is a very
good suggestion that I see if the bug I am reporting is already
described and ‘Use the search to look for keywords or investigate the
lists.’.

However I can’t easily find a way to do this on this page or on the
pages this page links to.

I have a feeling this is a stupid question and I must be missing
something obvious … hmmm.

Would be nice to have either a search field or a link to a search on
this page.

On 3/22/06, Alex Y. [email protected] wrote:

Stephen B. wrote:

I’ve set my mailman prefs so I should be receiving my own mail from the
maillist however it doesn’t come through. I am using gmail and getting
my mail with a POP client. Has anybody else had this problem?
Allegedly Gmail filters your own posts to mailing lists itself. I don’t
use it myself, so I can’t comment further…

In my experience, it “archives” your own posts. That is, they don’t
show up in your inbox, but they are there.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs