I am stuck with something, I was hoping someone could point me in the
- I need to render a bunch of partials (corresponding to models)
- I need to do some DOM logic on them (check if they already exist in
the page, insert them at the right place in the DOM hierarchy, etc)
- I need to do the above first following a standard call, and
subsequently after AJAX ones.
Right now I have two different methods for each type of call:
- standard: I render the partials inline in the view - it seems fine
- AJAX: I am trying to use render :update, but the DOM logic becomes
really difficult to write (with a lot of page <<
The fact I can’t get the same method to work in both cases probably
mean I am missing something. Besides, in the AJAX case, the code
doesn’t look very good at all (mixing js logic and Ruby), and it’s a
Is there a recommended/standard way to do this?
I am going to miss the convenient render :partial method, isn’t it? Or
Thanks a lot,