Release of Typo 5.0.2

Hello,

We’ve released this morning Typo 5.0.2. This is a bugfix release
replacing Typo 5.0 and Typo 5.0.1

It fixes 2 critical bugs :
– Typo suicidal tendencies when clearing the cache.
– A Rails bug that prevents sidebars to be saved under sqlite and pgsql

It also adds some improvements to the back office.

Cheers,
Frédéric

Frederic de Villamil wrote:

Hello,

We’ve released this morning Typo 5.0.2. This is a bugfix release
replacing Typo 5.0 and Typo 5.0.1

Is there an upgrade path from 4.1.1? (i.e. any db changes that require
rake to be run?)

Merci,
Vince

5.0.2 is working great for me! THANK YOU!

On Jan 6, 2008 2:20 AM, Frederic de Villamil [email protected]
wrote:

Cheers,
Frédéric


Typo-list mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list


Cheers,

Kevin W.
http://www.bantamtech.com/

Kevin W. wrote:

5.0.2 is working great for me! THANK YOU!

Hmm. it’s not working for me. I get an error:

Parameters: {“action”=>“index”, “controller”=>“articles”}
Filter chain halted as
[#<ActionController::Caching::ActionParams::ActionParamCacheFilter:0xb65b2514
@actions=[:index, :read, :show, :archives, :view_page]>]
rendered_or_redirected.
Filter chain halted as
[#<ActionController::Filters::ClassMethods::ProcWithCallFilter:0xb65b1efc
@filter=#Proc:[email protected]/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.0.2/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:657>]
did_not_yield.

and when I go to admin/sidebar I see this:

On line #43 of themes/standard_issue/layouts/default.html.erb

40:       <%= render :partial => 'shared/search' %>
41:
42:       <!-- sidebar components -->
43:       <%= render_sidebars %>
44:     </div>
45:     <br style="clear:both;" />
46:   </div>

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:1318:in 

instantiate' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:532:infind_by_sql’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:532:in
collect!' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:532:infind_by_sql’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:1233:in
find_every' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:503:infind’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/association

Hey Vince ~
Quick guess is you have a sidebar from your previous version that is not
longer part of the release. You need to install a plugin now for a lot
of
the sidebars.

~ Ben

On Jan 7, 2008 1:04 PM, Vince W. [email protected]
wrote:

Ben R. wrote:

Hey Vince ~
Quick guess is you have a sidebar from your previous version that is not
longer part of the release. You need to install a plugin now for a lot
of
the sidebars.

Actually I’m using a fresh installation folder of v5.0.2… I only
modified the database.yml file to point to my old database and then ran
the migration. So there shouldn’t be any legacy themes or plugins
interfering.

Except that the configuration of which sidebars/themes etc is IN the
database, so you might well have references to things that don’t exist
in the release.


Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/

Ben R. wrote:

Hey Vince ~
Quick guess is you have a sidebar from your previous version that is not
longer part of the release. You need to install a plugin now for a lot
of
the sidebars.

~ Ben

Howdy Ben,

Actually I’m using a fresh installation folder of v5.0.2… I only
modified the database.yml file to point to my old database and then ran
the migration. So there shouldn’t be any legacy themes or plugins
interfering.

Not sure if it matters but the typo gem won’t install on my system –
complaints about missing sqlite3.h or something. I use mysql so I
decided to just download the source and go about it that way.

-Vince

Le 7 janv. 08 à 19:21, Rick DeNatale a écrit :

Actually I’m using a fresh installation folder of v5.0.2… I only
modified the database.yml file to point to my old database and then
ran
the migration. So there shouldn’t be any legacy themes or plugins
interfering.

Except that the configuration of which sidebars/themes etc is IN the
database, so you might well have references to things that don’t exist
in the release.

I plan to fix this in 5.0.3 or 5.0.4 (or 5.1) with the introduction of
a plugin manager that will detect missing plugins and offer to install
them. I actually thought that an error message when you log in would
have been sufficient.

Best regards,
Frédéric

Frederic de Villamil wrote:

Le 7 janv. 08 � 19:21, Rick DeNatale a �crit :

Except that the configuration of which sidebars/themes etc is IN the
database, so you might well have references to things that don’t exist
in the release.

I plan to fix this in 5.0.3 or 5.0.4 (or 5.1) with the introduction of
a plugin manager that will detect missing plugins and offer to install
them. I actually thought that an error message when you log in would
have been sufficient.

Emptying the sidebars table solved it for me so perhaps that is a
solution as well.

Vince W. wrote:

Emptying the sidebars table solved it for me so perhaps that is a
solution as well.

I also deleted the sidebars out my old db to start from scratch. Now
can you add any new sidebars?

I can get Pages to respond to the drag/drop, but every one after that
(Tags, Categories, etc.) throws the following error:

ActiveRecord::AssociationTypeMismatch (Blog expected, got Blog):
/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/association_proxy.rb:150:in
`raise_on_type_mismatch’

Thanks,
RyanR>

Ryan Rickerts wrote:

Vince W. wrote:

Emptying the sidebars table solved it for me so perhaps that is a
solution as well.

I also deleted the sidebars out my old db to start from scratch. Now
can you add any new sidebars?

I can add sidebars… I haven’t had much trouble with Typo since I
emptied that table. I found that many of the templates were not quite
working as expected and I had to hack around with one of them to get it
working but the default template worked fine iirc. I’m on Rail 2.0.2 if
that makes a difference.

PS: v5 is a huge improvement over v4 so my thanks to the developers!

Frederic de Villamil wrote:

Hello,
It fixes 2 critical bugs :

� A Rails bug that prevents sidebars to be saved under sqlite and pgsql

Cheers,
Fr�d�ric

More detail. I am running typo 5.0.2 on mysql. So based on the above
comment, I commented back in line 50 of sidebar_controller.rb
("Crappy workaround to rails update_all) to see if it made a difference.
Same problem as described in previous post.

Ryan Rickerts wrote:

More detail. I am running typo 5.0.2 on mysql. So based on the above
comment, I commented back in line 50 of sidebar_controller.rb
("Crappy workaround to rails update_all) to see if it made a difference.
Same problem as described in previous post.

Never mind - I got it! I had to then comment out line 51. Man, I love
open source. Here’s the modified code for admin/sidebar_controller.rb
running on mysql:

49 # Crappy workaround to rails update_all bug with PgSQL / SQLite
50 this_blog.sidebars.update_all(‘active_position = null’)
51 #ActiveRecord::Base.connection.execute(“update sidebars set
active_position=null where blog_id = #{this_blog.id}”)

Frederic de Villamil wrote:

database, so you might well have references to things that don’t exist
in the release.

I plan to fix this in 5.0.3 or 5.0.4 (or 5.1) with the introduction of
a plugin manager that will detect missing plugins and offer to install
them. I actually thought that an error message when you log in would
have been sufficient.

Best regards,
Fr�d�ric

I am having this same problem, but with Typo 5.0.3, using PostgreSQL on
top of ./script/server running mongrel in development mode. Via the
admin interface, I can very rarely get the Pages plugin to load, but
never any of the other plugins. Is there a way to do this without using
the drag-and-drop method? The error seen is as follows (same as noted
previously):

ActiveRecord::AssociationTypeMismatch (Blog expected, got Blog):
    /vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/association_proxy.rb:150:in
`raise_on_type_mismatch'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/associations/belongs_to_association.rb:22:in
`replace'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/associations.rb:1009:in
`blog='
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:2117:in
`send'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:2117:in
`attributes='
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:2116:in
`each'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:2116:in
`attributes='
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:1926:in
`initialize'
    /app/models/sidebar.rb:195:in `initialize'
...

Is there a real fix for this issue? Is the problem even with the
ActiveRecord::base.connection.execute call at all? I have tried
clearing the database table and trying to re-add the plugins via the
admin interface, but it still doesn’t work.

I admit that I am not very well versed with Rails. I tried to rewrite
the this_blog.sidebars.update_all(‘active_position = null’) call to do
separate calls for each sidebar, but it didn’t work. I’m not sure if it
was an issue with my end of not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-RyanL


Posted via forums.bring.out.ba.

Ryan L. wrote:

Frederic de Villamil wrote:

database, so you might well have references to things that don’t exist
in the release.

I plan to fix this in 5.0.3 or 5.0.4 (or 5.1) with the introduction of
a plugin manager that will detect missing plugins and offer to install
them. I actually thought that an error message when you log in would
have been sufficient.

Best regards,
Fr�d�ric

I am having this same problem, but with Typo 5.0.3, using PostgreSQL on
top of ./script/server running mongrel in development mode. Via the
admin interface, I can very rarely get the Pages plugin to load, but
never any of the other plugins. Is there a way to do this without using
the drag-and-drop method? The error seen is as follows (same as noted
previously):

ActiveRecord::AssociationTypeMismatch (Blog expected, got Blog):
    /vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/association_proxy.rb:150:in
`raise_on_type_mismatch'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/associations/belongs_to_association.rb:22:in
`replace'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/associations.rb:1009:in
`blog='
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:2117:in
`send'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:2117:in
`attributes='
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:2116:in
`each'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:2116:in
`attributes='
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:1926:in
`initialize'
    /app/models/sidebar.rb:195:in `initialize'
...

Is there a real fix for this issue? Is the problem even with the
ActiveRecord::base.connection.execute call at all? I have tried
clearing the database table and trying to re-add the plugins via the
admin interface, but it still doesn’t work.

I admit that I am not very well versed with Rails. I tried to rewrite
the this_blog.sidebars.update_all(‘active_position = null’) call to do
separate calls for each sidebar, but it didn’t work. I’m not sure if it
was an issue with my end of not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-RyanL


Posted via forums.bring.out.ba.

Okay, so it seems like the problem is solved. I’m not sure what exactly
fixed it, but it was one of the following:

  • Removed Google Analytics plugin and references to Rubaidh plugin
    repository.
  • I had both recent comments and recent posts installed as plugins. The
    title is the same (“Recent”) and I could never select recent_posts
    sidebar (the 2nd entry). Action taken was I removed the recent comments
    plugin.
  • Updated app/controllers/admin/sidebar_controller.rb from the 5.0.3
    release to the trunk changes (r1677).

The second point may be a bug, which I’d be happy to write up a ticket
for if it is. I am doing my testing in cgi/development mode, so it’s
quite slow, so I’ll test that later.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs