Regarding installation of GNURADIO on Ubuntu 11.10

Hey,

I am using Ubuntu 11.10. I want to install GNU Radio to use it with the
USRP1.

I am using the Build Script which you can download here:
http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio

I have the same problem which is discussed in this post from the 6th of
November:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.radio.general/36382

(The problem is that during the installation I get this in the terminal:
“Fetching Gnu Radio via GIT…Done
Fetching UHD via GIT…Done
Starting function uhd_build at: Wed Mar 28 11:18:19 CEST 2012
Building UHD…UHD build apparently failed
Exiting UHD build”
Answer from Josh to the same question from the other person with the
same
problem:
“It was a change from the next branch for an example app that wasnt
ready
to be pulled onto the master. I just pushed a fix.”)

So I know the problem but I don’t know how I can fix it. The Build
Script
on
GNU Radio is the same like it was before and I haven’t found another
one.

I am very new with Ubuntu, OpenBTS and GNU Radio. Perhaps for you the
answer of my question is clearly and you know what to do. I have
searched
with Google and
for similar problems so I can find the solution by myself but I have no
idea how I can fix the problem.

I would be grateful if you could answer my question.

Regards
Ellen

Also I have to say that I don’t get the same error as they discussed in
the
mailing list.

When I try |./build-gnuradio -v -l build-log.txt" I get following answer
in
the end of the log-file:
Building UHD…/build-gnuradio: line 580: cmake: command not found
make: *** No rule to make target `clean’. Stop.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
UHD build apparently failed
Exiting UHD build

Line 580:
cmake …/ >>$LOGDEV 2>&1

Sorry for writing this fact after writing the e-mail.

Regards
Ellen

2012/3/28 Ellen A. [email protected]

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.radio.general/36382
to be pulled onto the master. I just pushed a fix.")
idea how I can fix the problem.

I would be grateful if you could answer my question.

Regards
Ellen

Weechstrae 1
C203
76131 Karlsruhe

mobil: 0162 61 55 963

Hi,

I also had this problem before. The reason was simply that cmake was not
installed. You may check that.

Wu

From:
discuss-gnuradio-bounces+wu.ting=removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[...]

Thank you for your answers.

I’ve installed cmake and now it seems to install GNU Radio without any
other problems. At least the error with building UHD didn’t appear yet.

@Marcus: I’ve thought that the version at the GNU Radio Installation
Guide
is the newest version I can get.

Regards
Ellen

2012/3/28 Marcus D. Leech [email protected]

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio
Exiting UHD build"
I am very new with Ubuntu, OpenBTS and GNU Radio. Perhaps for you the

Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortiumhttp://www.sbrac.org

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page