REG - Problem in Building GNU radio

Dear all,

   I have downloaded the latest GNU radio version 3.0rc3 and tried

to build it(Minimal GNU Radio System) on cygwin, as instruced in the GNU
build page. The bootstrap and the configure command went well but when i
use the make command, it builds for sometime and then returns the error
“No rule to make target ‘g723_40.c’, needed by ‘g723_40.lo’. Stop.” and
the error code is Error 1. I have attached the screenshot of the
message.

   I have no clude as to what causes this error. But i have a

feeling that it might be due to the CPPunit. But I installed the CPPunit
as specified in the GNU build page and also applied the
dll_string.patch.

the solution to this problem will be very helpful to us…

thanks

Shriram K V

Hi Shriram,

g723_40.c is a source file included in the distribution. If you cd
gnuradio-core/src/lib/g72x, ls should show at least the following files:

Makefile.am README encode.c g721.c g723_40.c g72x.h
Makefile.in decode.c g711.c g723_24.c g72x.c

If not, either there must have been an error in the download or tar zxf,
or the file got deleted somehow. If the download was ok, then repeating
the tar step should restore the missing file. If that doesn’t work, you
will need to repeat the download and start over. Check to see that
g723_40.c exists before doing “make”.

Hope this helps.

– Don W.
     I have downloaded the latest GNU radio version 3.0rc3 and tried

to build it(Minimal GNU Radio System) on cygwin, as instruced in the GNU
build page. The bootstrap and the configure command went well but when i
use the make command, it builds for sometime and then returns the error
“No rule to make target ‘g723_40.c’, needed by ‘g723_40.lo’. Stop.” and
the error code is Error 1. I have attached the screenshot of the
message.

     I have no clude as to what causes this error. But i have a

feeling that it might be due to the CPPunit. But I installed the CPPunit
as specified in the GNU build page and also applied the
dll_string.patch.

the solution to this problem will be very helpful to us…

thanks

Shriram K V

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]