Reg:Books on GNU RADIO AND USRP IMPLEMENTATION

Hi,
Are there any books available where i can find detailed text and
illustrations of GNU RADIO as well as practical USRP implementation
examples.
Sumit

http://old.nabble.com/Reg%3ABooks-on-GNU-RADIO-AND-USRP-IMPLEMENTATION-tp30949449p30949449.html

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 8:05 AM, sumitstop

Are there any books available where i can find detailed text and
illustrations of GNU RADIO as well as practical USRP implementation
examples.
Sumit

No, Sumit, I’m afraid there isn’t a good source right now. The only
two that have anything at all like what you are asking are my book,
“Artificial Intelligence in Wireless Communications” and “Cognitive
Radio Communications and Networks: Principles and Practice” by
Alexander M. Wyglinski, Maziar Nekovee, and Thomas Hou has a chapter
on GNU Radio. I’m not sure either book gives you enough of what you
are looking for, though, so if you can, check them out of a library
first.

Tom

I attempted to find a good book on GNURadio when I first started
working with it and I came across a book called “Software Defined Radio
with GNURadio and USRP” by Cory Clark. The bad news is I haven’t found
any place where I could purchase it (Seems to be out of print?). I’m
curious if anyone has actually read the book.

Regards,

Michael R.
Graduate Research Assistant
Smart Lighting Engineering Research Center
Boston University
[email protected]

Quoting Tom R. [email protected]:

Thanks Tom.I got both the books in the nearby library.I hope something
relevant i will find there.
:slight_smile:

Tom R. wrote:

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

http://old.nabble.com/Reg%3ABooks-on-GNU-RADIO-AND-USRP-IMPLEMENTATION-tp30949449p30951203.html

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 05:05:09AM -0800, sumitstop wrote:

Are there any books available where i can find detailed text and
illustrations of GNU RADIO as well as practical USRP implementation
examples.

This book doesn’t cover GNU Radio or the USRP, but I’m a big fan of it
anyway:

Telecommunication Breakdown by Johnson and Sethares

It has an excellent series of exercises for Matlab (that work in Octave
too) and is a very good introductory text to practical software radio
techniques. In my experience, if you go through the book and do the
exercises, GNU Radio and the USRP will become much easier to work with.

There is a mostly complete pre-release PDF available on the author’s
site, so you can try before you buy.

Hi Michael,
The book which you mentioned was never published actually.The person
concerned to McGrawHill Australia itself told this fact.I also searched
and
found that book very first time and was amazed to see the contents… but
bad
luck :frowning:

mrahaim wrote:

Michael R.

[email protected] wrote:
“Artificial Intelligence in Wireless Communications” and "Cognitive
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

http://old.nabble.com/Reg%3ABooks-on-GNU-RADIO-AND-USRP-IMPLEMENTATION-tp30949449p30951242.html

Hi Michael… the book is really good… thanks for the information :slight_smile:

Michael O. wrote:

Telecommunication Breakdown by Johnson and Sethares
Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

Sumit Kr.
Research Assistant
Communication Research center
IIIT Hyderabad
India

http://old.nabble.com/Reg%3ABooks-on-GNU-RADIO-AND-USRP-IMPLEMENTATION-tp30949449p31070506.html

here goes the link for the authors website…

http://sethares.engr.wisc.edu/telebreak.html

-Sudhir

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Datum: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 11:17:04 -0700
Von: Michael O. [email protected]
An: sumitstop [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: Re[Discuss-gnuradio] g:Books on GNU RADIO AND USRP IMPLEMENTATION

It has an excellent series of exercises for Matlab (that work in Octave
too) and is a very good introductory text to practical software radio
techniques. In my experience, if you go through the book and do the
exercises, GNU Radio and the USRP will become much easier to work with.

There is a mostly complete pre-release PDF available on the author’s
site, so you can try before you buy.

Did you know the adress to the PDF? Google isn’t my friend ;-(

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

Schon gehört? GMX hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die
Toolbar eingebaut! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/toolbar