I’m new to Ruby, coming from PHP and Perl.
I am looking for a good templating system to use for building
web applications. So far I’ve found:
- cs/Template :: http://cstemplate.rubyforge.org/
- PageTemplate :: http://coolnamehere.com/products/pagetemplate/
- Canny :: http://canny.sourceforge.net/documentation.shtml
- Kwartz :: http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwartz/
- Amrita :: http://amrita.sourceforge.jp/
- XTemplate :: http://xtemplate.sourceforge.net/
Thoughts, advices, more templating engines… are all highly
I know each project will have its pros and cons, but I was just
wondering if there is a consensus on which is ‘the best’?
Take PHP world for example. All clear: Smarty is the best tool
for the job (well, not if I look at the Kwartz diagram on its
homepage :D, but so far Smarty has suited me, and all the PHP
developers I know, just fine).
and have a good night everyone,