From: Chad P. [email protected]
To: ruby-talk ML [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 2:22:51 PM
Subject: Re: your mail

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 02:42:05PM +0900, John J. wrote:

Check this out. An interesting example of Ruby in use.
Data visualization.

http://www.fudgie.org/

It’s already stirred up a hornet’s nest on slashdot with plenty of
juvenile comments (some accurate) and lots nay sayers who don’t see
the potential for creativity in Ruby and data visualization
illustrated here.

Holy cow, it’s too much fun to watch this program work. . . .

On Oct 9, 2007, at 14:49 , Al Brown wrote:

awesome. its much easier to see whats happening with the whole system

imagine the same sort of thing for object interaction, method calls
and db queries that showed the most commonly used and costliest,
making it much easier to see what should be optimized. perhaps
this already exists?

I tried out something like this with the GC subsystem, but I ended up
with poor performance because I wasn’t able to output data fast enough.