From: call5_99 [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, August 6, 2008 8:07:58 PM
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] What does access code in benchmark_tx.py do?

Hello,
I was trying to send and receive packets with the programs
benchmark_tx and benchmark_rx. I have two USRP connected to two
different
computers. My current understanding is, that access code is for
synchronization. I changed the default access code completely on the
transmitter side from the file, packet_utils.py, whereas I didn’t change
the
default access code on receiver side. However, I am still able to
receive
the packets sent by the transmitter correctly on the receiving side! So
my
questions are-

  1. Why is nothing affected when the access code is not the same on
    transmitting and receiving side?
  2. Since the synchronization was not affected when I changed the access
    code, how exactly is synchronization happening in benchmark_tx.py and
    benchmark_rx.py

Thank you.

Prasanna.

http://www.nabble.com/What-does-access-code-in-benchmark_tx.py-do--tp18856636p18856636.html