Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:46:22 -0700
From: Tom R. [email protected]
To: Mark C. [email protected]
Cc: GNURadio D.ion List [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Warning! Warning!

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Mark C. [email protected] wrote:

What does this mean in terms of using older non-UHD-native daughterboards
such as the DBSRX & BasicRX?
To be honest, I haven’t checked into the UHD driver, since the
daughterboards I have been working fine without it?

Best,
Mark

All USRP daughterboards are supported in UHD. You should have no
problems
with DBSRX and BasicRX.

Tom

Hi,

Achilleas is right about the UHD not supporting all Ettus products just
yet. I also have an original TVRX rev1 from the USRP1 Serial < 500 days
(all still running fantastically btw) and it doesn’t work with the UHD.
As
you are now migrating everything to the UHD and discontinuing the old
code,
would it be possible to request that you add TVRX Rev1 UHD support to
your
things to do list?

Thanks,

Mike
On Oct 21, 2011 2:40 AM, “Achilleas A.” [email protected]

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Mike J. [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

Achilleas is right about the UHD not supporting all Ettus products just yet.
I also have an original TVRX rev1 from the USRP1 Serial < 500 days (all
still running fantastically btw) and it doesn’t work with the UHD. As you
are now migrating everything to the UHD and discontinuing the old code,
would it be possible to request that you add TVRX Rev1 UHD support to your
things to do list?

OK, I guess I was wrong before about nobody still using those
daughterboards. I’ll put “ancient TVRX support” on the todo list for
UHD.

–n

Add 4 more dinosaurs to the list who use those and trad GR :wink:

Patrik
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Mike J. [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

Achilleas is right about the UHD not supporting all Ettus products just
yet.
I also have an original TVRX rev1 from the USRP1 Serial < 500 days (all
still running fantastically btw) and it doesn’t work with the UHD. As you
are now migrating everything to the UHD and discontinuing the old code,
would it be possible to request that you add TVRX Rev1 UHD support to your
things to do list?

OK, I guess I was wrong before about nobody still using those
daughterboards. I’ll put “ancient TVRX support” on the todo list for
UHD.

–n

with DBSRX and BasicRX.

Mark
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list

I have just run the attached script on an Ubuntu 10.04.4_x64 LTS system
seamlessly install the latest UHD and Gnu Radio builds.

As you can see from the output of ‘uhd_usrp_probe’ below, the TVRX rev1
in
RX Dboard B is still not UHD compatible.

Would it be possible to indicate an ETA for when the UHD will be
compatible
with the very first 50 to 800Mhz receiver in the Ettus R. product
range?

Thanks,

Mike
M0MIK

gnuradio@gnuradio:~$ uhd_find_devices
linux; GNU C++ version 4.4.3; Boost_104000; UHD_003.004.000-3ddbcb6

– UHD Device 0

Device Address:
type: usrp1
name:
serial: 00000000

gnuradio@gnuradio:~$ uhd_usrp_probe
linux; GNU C++ version 4.4.3; Boost_104000; UHD_003.004.000-3ddbcb6

– Opening a USRP1 device…
done
– Using FPGA clock rate of 64.000000MHz…

/
| Device: USRP1 Device
| /
| | Mboard: USRP1 (Classic)