Re: TrueClass/FalseClass vs. Boolean

-----Original Message-----
From: removed_email_address@domain.invalid [mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid]
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 8:36 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: TrueClass/FalseClass vs. Boolean

Also, I like it for testing, when I want to test .kind_of? and ensure
that it’s either true or false.

It’s been proposed and rejected by Matz once already.

i seem to recall this… link? wonder why he rejected…

I originally proposed it on the old RCR site on rubygarden.org. I
believe you could find it on http://www.rcrchive.net, but it appears to
be down at the moment.

I think one of the reasons for rejecting it was that redefining how true
or false behaved would cause havoc with the regular expression engine.
But I think mostly he just didn’t see the need for a boolean class the
ways things are now.

Regards,

Dan

Hi –

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Berger, Daniel wrote:

It’s been proposed and rejected by Matz once already.

i seem to recall this… link? wonder why he rejected…

I originally proposed it on the old RCR site on rubygarden.org. I
believe you could find it on http://www.rcrchive.net, but it appears to
be down at the moment.

Ugh. I’ve been having DNS issues. I’ll try to fix it…

David

“Ruby for Rails” chapters now available