From: John L. (IRONRUBY) [email protected]
To: “[email protected][email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, May 7, 2008 12:17:42 AM
Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] Trouble opening IronRuby.sln

Aaron Blondeau:

I am having trouble opening the latest (rev 101) IronRuby with
VisualStudio 2005. Nothing happens at all when I try to open
IronRuby.sln - not even an error message. I have been able to open
the individual .csproj files by themselves and get everything put
together, just not the top level .sln file. Is it expected that the
source will still work with VS2005 or do I need to move to VS2008 or
could my issue be something else?

I know I don’t have any problems opening with VS 2008. Is anyone else on
the list still using VS 2005?

Thanks,
-John

This is a Subversion conflict. When you did an SVN Update you should
have
been told that these files were in a conflicted state. The notation
below
basically says that your local copy looks like the first line and the
copy
from revision 101 looks like the second line. In other words you have
changed a line in the file that has also been changed in the 101
revision.

You need to fix the conflict by hand somehow, depending upon what SVN
client
you use, which is basically what you did by putting in the correct
project
reference.

Take a look at the SVN book for more information:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Pete