From: Jesús Gabriel y Galán [email protected]
To: ruby-talk ML [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:16:46 AM
Subject: Re: [QUIZ] Time Window (#144)

On 10/24/07, James K. [email protected] wrote:

I then wrote the simple Array#some method that returns true if the
given
predicate returns true for at least one of its elements, which I used
to write
TimeWindow#incude?.

class Array
def some
each {|el| return true if yield el}
false

Isn’t this the same as Enumerable#any?

Jesus.

This raises one of my few frustrations with ruby. I find ruby far
easier to work with than Java in general, but the main advantage java
has is great auto-generated documentation. Both Javadoc and
autocompletion in IDEs feel superior to what ruby has to offer.