From: eggie5 [email protected]
To: ruby-talk ML [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2007 2:55:07 PM
Subject: simple get file by filename

Consider this:

I have a list of files that I get by calling:

Dir.entries("/")

I just want to search this list and match the file name that matches
1_1.* ( i.e. the filename without the extension)

So, for example, If the pattern to match against the list was
“jpg_image.” it should return the filename “jpg_image.jpg” (assuming
the file exists).

What’s the most succinct way to do this in ruby?