I’m resending this since it did not come back to me (and no replies
either), so I think it may not have got through at all. Apologies if
you receive multiple copies.
Is there a FAQ for this list? Is someone considering setting one up?
Perhaps as a collaborative wiki that is kept roughly current and can be
referred to directly by list members…
Here are some of the questions that I can think of…
- How do I set a default homepage? (this is the one that reminded me to
ask about a FAQ)
- How do I upload files?
- How do I perform a search?
- What are the form helpers?
- How do I process images, create thumbnails, etc?
- Does Rails scale?
- How does Rails compare with J2EE?
- Is there anyone really using Rails for a big site? (I can already see
- What is a good Rails host?
- What is a good shared host?
- Which server OS would you recommend for Rails?
- Deployment with Apache + FCGI
- Deployment with Apache + Litespeed
- Deployment with Apache + Mongrel
- How do I use RadRails?
- What is a good editor/ IDE?
- How do I use Capistrano?
- How do I create a drop down list from the contents of a table?
- How do I do user login?
- Is there a way to do role based access?
- What are good books to read for Rails?
- What are good books to read for Ruby?
- How do I import a CSV?
- How do I write out a PDF?
- Why do checkboxes not work as expected?
- How do I do background tasks?
- Any good CMS for Rails?
- Any good tutorials?
- How do I do internationalization in Rails?
- How do I use AJAX?
- Is there a good drop down calendar plugin?
- Is there a good drop down time plugin? (<<-- I’d like to know)
- How do I reset sessions?
- How do I set up Rails?
I just picked up that by scrolling through some of the mails that I have
saved over the months… I know all these answers are there somewhere,
but I’m just wondering if there’s a meta-version that points to the
Does anyone have the bandwidth to kick start this?