From: John O. [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sampling rate of tx_sampless.cc and
rx_streaming_sampless.cc
To: “Johnathan C.” [email protected]
Cc: “Krishna S” [email protected], “gnu”
[email protected]
Date: Friday, 9 April, 2010, 4:15 PM

> If what you really mean is that you have a host PC generated sample > stream at 15.36 Msps and need to transmit it with the USRP2, then yes, > you'd set the USRP2 FPGA interpolation to 6, then fractionally > resample from 15.36 Msps to 16 Msps on the host. > > Depending on what the last DSP processing stage in your application > is, you may be able to "fold" this resampling into the prior stage. > For example, if the last step in your signal processing chain is a > spectral shaping filter, like a root-raised-cosine filter, then you > can reimplement this using a polyphase resampler and use the output > filter taps there. Â This would combine the filter and resampling > operation in one block and eliminate the need for a very high CPU > resampling block. > > Where does the figure of 15.36 Msps come from?

Just a guess, but that sounds like 4x the UMTS chip rate (which is
3.84 Mchips/sec). If this is the case, there is an RRC filter at the
last DSP stage typically, so your suggestion for folding this
re-sampling in is spot-on.

Regards,
John O.
CEO/System Architect
Epiq Solutions

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger.
Download Now! Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos