From: David C. [email protected]
To: rspec-users [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 9:38:02 AM
Subject: Re: [rspec-users] running rspec on 1.2.3 ??

On May 20, 2008, at 11:26 PM, Larry K. wrote:

Hi,

Anyone know how to run rspec on 1.2.3?

It fails out of the box…

I newly downloaded rspec, rspec_on_rails and ran the command
ruby script/generate rspec ==>>> Does this script work right?
from the instructions
http://rspec.info/documentation/rails/install.html

I then created the directories in spec:
controllers, fixtures, helpers, models, views

I then created the file spec/models/user_spec.rb as a spec for my model
User.

Did you run ‘script/generate rspec’?[yes, see my statement to that
effect above.]

Anyhow, my problem:
I run rake spec
and get

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require’: no such file to load – spec/rails
(MissingSourceFile)

The file /spec/spec_helper.rb contains the line
require ‘spec/rails’

I noticed that the load path does not include
vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib

That’s weird. The load path should include the lib directory of every
plugin. What version of rails are you running?
[v 1.2.3, as stated above :slight_smile: ]

David