From: Jayme [email protected]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 5:13 PM
To: [email protected] [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] Running activerecord

I submitted an implementation of File.expand_path a while ago but it
hasn’t been comitted yet. If your implementation works better go for it.
I need it for some things I’m doing with IronRuby too.

-Jayme

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 5:56 PM, John L. (IRONRUBY)
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]> wrote:
Brian Blackwell:

I wanted to test my prototype ADO.NEThttp://ado.net/ database wrappers for SQLite and
MySQL, so I thought I would see how far I could get in an attempt to
run activerecord. Running activerecord is of course a necessary step in
the path to running Rails. At this point I’m simply trying to get
“require ‘active_record.rb’” to work, which in turn requires
activesupport. Here are some issues I’ve come across thus far:

… awesome list of observations elided …

Thanks for doing this work, Brian! This will give me a bunch of things
to look at around the core libs this weekend.

-John