Re: RubyGems 1.3.6, Bundler, etc

Can we take this as a patch? Have you signed an agreement?

From: Kevin R. [email protected]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 12:26 PM
To: [email protected] [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] RubyGems 1.3.6, Bundler, etc.

My own ironruby.rb: http://gist.github.com/379763
http://gist.github.com/379763Thanks - Kevin

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Kevin R.
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]> wrote:
Confirming, that it seems to work properly for me:

C:\IronRuby1.0_V4>ir
IronRuby 1.0.0.0 on .NET 4.0.30319.1 Copyright © Microsoft
Corporation. All rights reserved.

require ‘rubygems’
=> true

RbConfig::CONFIG[‘rubylibdir’]
=> “C:/IronRuby1.0_V4/lib/ruby/1.8” # <-- Sounds like it should go here.

I then created an ironruby.rb in:
C:\IronRuby1.0_V4\Lib\ruby\1.8\rubygems\defaults
my ironruby.rb just commented out the “unless” block.
after that, “igem update --system” just worked., as did the install of
the bundler gem.

Was there a version of ironruby.rb attached somewhere earlier with all
of the appropriate overrides? - I just guessed.
Thanks
Best Regards,
Kevin R.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Jim D.
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]> wrote:
This is the comment we got from Eric (RubyGems maintainer).

JD

Comment By: Eric H. (drbrain)
Date: 2010-04-20 20:47

Message:
rubygems/defaults/ironruby.rb would go in RbConfig::CONFIG[‘rubylibdir’]
(not in RuybGems) so it should be picked up even by setup.rb

From:
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]
Date: 2010-04-20 20:47

Message:

From:
[...]

You could, and yes I did sign an agreement, but Tomas’ suggestion
probably
works better.
I just threw it out there to show that it would work. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Kevin R.