This is Mita Desai, I am Technical Recruiter with eTouch Systems Corp,
Currently we have an opening & I wanted to check on this group if I
can get any help. I am finding it very difficult to source for this
positions any in-puts will be greatly appreciated.
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 6 mths +
Ruby on Rails Application Developer
Principle Duties / Responsibilities: (Summary list of typical duties
and responsibilities of the job / essential functions)
· Develop roubust, scalable, performant, and secure software
applications using Ruby on Rails and Oracle. Participate in the
design, specification, development, and documentation of applications
to support online games.
· Develop Web-based applications built on the MVC framework.
· Work with relational database management systems. Write
database queries and stored procedures when needed.
· Provide application technical support by troubleshooting and
resolving operational issues. Technical support maybe required after
business-hours and working with multiple global time zones.
· Work as an integral member of the team. Collaborate in a
multi-discipline environment to design and implement solutions using
· Begin to collaborate with business analysts and product
managers to define system requirements and exit criteria.
Required Experience / Education:
· Must have experience developing professional Web-based
applications in Ruby on Rails and HTTP technologies (i.e. AJAX,
years in web development required. Experience with Perl and CPAN also
· Significant experience with Web application architecture and
object-oriented programming. Experience with Agile development is a
· Experience with relational databases, preferably Oracle.
Ability to write SQL queries and create tables and views. Knowledge of
PL/SQL and Stored Procedures a plus. Database design knowledge is
· Experience with large production environments (50+ servers),
or writing software that runs on more than a few servers, or
experience with enterprise class software development.
· Ability to concisely and effectively communicate technical
information to both technical and non-technical groups. Ability to
gather requirements and support end-users.
· Strong English communication skills (reading, writing,
presentation, and speaking).
· Strong teamwork skills, preferably in Internet-related
operation groups. Ability to work well with others, in both learning
and teaching roles.
eTouch Systems is a Technology Consulting firm that WORKS ONLY WITH
DIRECT CLIENTS… and We specialize in Technology Strategy, Portals,
eTouch Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity provider
Pl visit us at www.etouchconsulting.com to learn more about us.