Re: RUBY on 64-bit Windows PCs

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Peter B.
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:59 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: RUBY on 64-bit Windows PCs.

end
I’m not sure it’s related, but you’re unnecessarily reopening your ftp
connection for every file. My guess is that one of those sessions
isn’t closing properly, causing it to hang. Try moving the loop inside
the block:

cindexfiles = Dir.glob(“_-*.pdf”)

Net::FTP.open(‘mpc.bna.com’) do |ftp|
ftp.debug_mode = true
ftp.passive = true
ftp.login(user, passwd)
ftp.chdir(‘/data/ps2000test’)
cindexfiles.each do |cindexfile|
ftp.putbinaryfile(cindexfile)

If that still hangs for some reason, try a non block approach with
Net::FTP and see if that works.

Hope that helps.

Dan

or
strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication
destroy

I’m not sure it’s related, but you’re unnecessarily reopening your ftp
connection for every file. My guess is that one of those sessions
isn’t closing properly, causing it to hang. Try moving the loop inside
the block:

cindexfiles = Dir.glob(“_-*.pdf”)

Net::FTP.open(‘mpc.bna.com’) do |ftp|
ftp.debug_mode = true
ftp.passive = true
ftp.login(user, passwd)
ftp.chdir(‘/data/ps2000test’)
cindexfiles.each do |cindexfile|
ftp.putbinaryfile(cindexfile)

If that still hangs for some reason, try a non block approach with
Net::FTP and see if that works.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Yes, I know that I’m iterating ftps here. But, it works on multiple
32-bit machiens. That’s why I’m questioning it. Anyway, is there such a
thing as “mput” instead of just “put” in RUBY ftp? Without a block, how
could I send multiple files in ftp?

Thanks again.