From: Abhijit S. [email protected]
Sent: February 14, 2013 10:09 PM
To: ruby-talk ML [email protected]
Subject: Re: Ruby Multithreaded producer-consumer problem

I rewrote the code using MonitorMixin and then back to using Mutex, same
result. I used 2 ConditionVariable, same result :frowning: If it’s not working,
it’s certainly not for the lack of trying.

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/8132/orange_tree.rb

D. Deryl D. wrote in post #1097093:

Can you show the MonitorMixin complete error?

I posted it in my original post. I am not sure of the difference between
the mailing list and online forum but it’s creating a helluva confusion
for me.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM, D. Deryl D. [email protected]
wrote:

Can you show the MonitorMixin complete error? Im finding it interesting
that its still deadlocking with MM in place.

MM vs. Monitor only helps with reentrancy. Deadlocks are usually an
issue which can be solved by imposing a fixed order of lock
acquisition.

Kind regards

robert