Re: ruby-ldap on Windows (built)


#1

-----Original Message-----
From: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid] On Behalf Of Chris S.
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 10:28 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: ruby-ldap on Windows (built)

I have finally managed to build the ruby-ldap library for the Windows
platform (i.e. not a cygwin or ming build, but an mswin32 build).

Excellent work.

May I ask how you did it? I did build errors from sslconn.c that I
don’t see how you could have gotten around without modifying the source.

Thanks,

Dan


#2

Berger, Daniel wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid] On Behalf Of Chris S.
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 10:28 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: ruby-ldap on Windows (built)

I have finally managed to build the ruby-ldap library for the Windows
platform (i.e. not a cygwin or ming build, but an mswin32 build).

Excellent work.

May I ask how you did it? I did build errors from sslconn.c that I
don’t see how you could have gotten around without modifying the source.

Thanks,

Dan

I did have to modify the sslconn.c source slightly, in fact. There are
three references to rb_ldap_sslconn_bind_func which should in fact be
rb_ldap_sslconn_bind_f, and the rb_ldap_sslconn_bind_f is missing an
argument (the third argument should be VALUE self).

After that, it was a matter of download Microsoft bloat (700MB Platform
SDK), and building the make file.

The biggest problem is that the win directory creates the wldap32.lib
file - however, I discovered that this .lib is a known bad library, and
so I dropped in the one from the SDK. Without the proper version, even
when I got it to compile, it would crash during a bind. Dropping in the
.lib from the SDK alleviated this issue as well as all the build
warnings about mismatched linker offsets.