Message: 2

Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 21:57:41 +0530

From: Manu T S <[email protected]mailto:[email protected]>

To: GNURadio D.ion List
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]>

Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RTL-SDR: Failed to open rtlsdr device

            <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>

I have installed rtl-sdr driver in my machine. The tarball of the source
I used is attached. The commands I used ( after cd-ying to the source
directory ) are listed.

[[email protected] rtl-sdr]$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
-DINSTALL_UDEV_RULES=ON .

[[email protected] rtl-sdr]$ make

[[email protected] rtl-sdr]$ sudo make install

[[email protected] rtl-sdr]$ sudo cp rtl-sdr.rules
/etc/udev/rules.d/15-rtl-sdr.rules

[[email protected] rtl-sdr]$ sudo chown root:root
/etc/udev/rules.d/15-rtl-sdr.rules

[[email protected] rtl-sdr]$ sudo udevadm control --reload-rules

But when I run rtl_test I get the following message.

[[email protected] ~]# rtl_test

Found 1 device(s):

0: ezcap USB 2.0 DVB-T/DAB/FM dongle

Using device 0: ezcap USB 2.0 DVB-T/DAB/FM dongle usb_claim_interface
error -6 Failed to open rtlsdr device #0.

I’m working on Arch linux x86_64, installed from Currnt Release
(2013.03.01)

I googled, but not much info is available on this*.* Has anyone come
across such a situation?

Manu T S