Re: Regarding IronRuby... How true it sounds from this blog

So, as the new guy on the other (MSFT) side of the fence, I am
interested in all of these suggestions and ideas. In addition, I have
some questions/suggestions for you.

  • Would mirroring our internal repo on a commit-by-commit basis help
    with the repository issues? Would it help with the ownership feelings?
  • How can we be more transparent about what we are working on, and where
    we are heading? A blog? A weekly posting?
  • Would mirroring the repo to other formats help? Would releasing alpha
    binaries be worthwhile?

I’m new, but I want to help build a community, and show that this is a
real OSS project. So, I really appreciate the discource. I think that
these meta discussions are worthwhile in helping define the community.

Jim D.

Yes, Yes, Yes. Do it!

Specifically, mirroring the repo would help. Using rubyforge has
the main repo would be better.

A blog would be fantastic, though most of the “core” team already have
blogs… still an official IronRuby blog will regular updates would be
awesome.

Alpha binaries always encourage people to at least download and try it
out. Some projects use this crazy thing called daily builds…

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Jim D. [email protected]