RE: Re: I Would Really Like to Try RoR but

Would anyone who has successfully deployed applications using IIS on
Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 be gracious enough to provide me with any
information besides the current information on the Wiki? I have only
had one success at deploying Rails to IIS… And several failures.
Specifically, I would like to know :

  • what modifications (if any) were needed to the Rails core (I’ve seen
    several variations)
  • what rewriter you used (I’ve tried Iconic’s and ISAPIRewrite with
    mixed results)
  • What your registry key for FASTCGI looks like
  • What permissions were required to the ruby/bin folder, the app folder,
    and the isapi filters
  • How to handle “unable to connect to fastcgi server” messages

I would welcome any help I can get; it’s comforting to know that people
have gotten this to work, although I realize that it might not be
optimal. (I need to do this as a first step.)

Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Brian H.

Why not use apache on windows? or better yet just use a fedora setup? I
was
thinking about the foray into using IIS as well since we are a windows
shop
but, it just doesn’t make any sense.

On 12/20/05, Hogan, Brian P. [email protected] wrote:

mixed results)

  1. springing a couple of grand for a new (linux) server would be totally
    Rails on IIS.

This should pretty much work.
machine is linux anyway, and radrails integration of webrick suits

David L.

Rails mailing list

Rails mailing list

Steven R.