From: David R. [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 9:00 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Rails] Problem using rmagick in model class

Doh.

So, it might be helpful if I understood why my previous code, where all
of this was in the controller, worked fine, even when the require_gem
statement was called within a class method. The controller method looked
like this:

def upload_image(*some_args)
require_gem ‘rmagick’
#do stuff with Magick::ImageList
end

On 12/12/05, Tom F. < [email protected] mailto:[email protected] >
wrote:

Move the ‘require_gem “rmagick”’ line outside the class definition for
Registrant

require_gem ‘rmagick’
class Registrant < ActiveRecord::Base