~js

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Dotan N.
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:25 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] Prior art of manipulating OpenXML with
IronRuby ?

can you provide some more detail? with very much earlier version of
ironruby, i’ve fiddled with the idea of converting VB code that does
that to ruby but gave up thinking it was too early to try.
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Thibaut Barrère
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

I’m going to need manipulation of Excel/Word documents for a production
app - I’ll use IronRuby there.

Did anyone develop some kind of tool or dsl to handle these
manipulations already ?

I’d like to avoid reinventing the wheel if it’s the case,

cheers,

Thibaut

http://www.learnivore.com

Hey guys,
thanks for all the input, appreciated :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely keep you posted on the output - it’s more likely that
I’ll
manipulate xslx directly (or through the OpenXML SDK) than using
automation.
One might even think about doing this in a Mono-compatible fashion (that
would interest quite a bunch of guys out there, me think)… Not sure if
there’s some fancy way to rely on the OpenXML SDK from Mono though.

In any way, thanks for all the answers - and I’ll definitely keep you
posted
on my findings.

cheers,

– Thibaut

Now with ironruby support :wink:http://writespace.codeplex.com/

Ivan Porto C.
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Thibaut Barrère

I pinged Eric White on the MS Office team to see whether they might
release
a Mono version or the source under MSPL. Here’s hoping. :slight_smile:

Ryan R.

Email: [email protected]
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley
Blog: http://wizardsofsmart.net/
Website: http://panesofglass.org/

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 6:38 AM, Thibaut Barrère

Hi Ryan et al,

I just heard from Eric. He said he has heard of no plans to either open up
the Open XML SDK or create a Mono-compatible version, so it looks like
interop is the way to go, unless you want to reverse engineer the Open XML
SDK.

I can stick to Windows then :slight_smile: Maybe it will end up using some erb +
xml, like the approach in Documatic
(http://stonecode.svnrepository.com/documatic/trac.cgi/wiki)

thanks for asking Eric!

Thibaut