From: Jarkko L. [email protected]
To: rspec-users [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2007 12:33:11 AM
Subject: Re: [rspec-users] params not available for controller specs?

On 4.12.2007, at 10.17, Al Chou wrote:

Hi, all,

I’m trying to write a spec for a controller method that starts out:

def download
@orders = Order.find( params[:ids] )

and started writing a spec that set params[:ids] to a mock.

Why would you want to set params[:ids] to a mock? params values are
always basically strings (or hashes/arrays of strings) and you can set

them in the actual action call:

get :foo, :ids => [1,2,3]

Moreover, in your case Order.find should be the thing you want to
stub. You don’t want the finder call to go to the database, since
you’re speccing the controller behaviour here, not business logic.

//jarkko

Jarkko L.
http://jlaine.net
http://dotherightthing.com
http://www.railsecommerce.com
http://odesign.fi

rspec-users mailing list
[email protected]

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Try:
get :download, :ids => ids_string

You need the “:” in front of the action name.

Daniel