-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]

[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Michael
Siebert
Sent: woensdag 9 augustus 2006 8:36
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Rails] off topic: running non-ruby programs
through command line

2006/8/8, Romeu Henrique Capparelli F. <[email protected]>:

	Hi.
	It's not a good idea, IMHO, to call an external app on a

http session. You will hang your session unless you work with threads /
forks.

	A good way is:

	- Drop a file on a directory with all parameters you

need.
- Create an robot that reads the directory from time to
time and calls your java app with parameters is file.
– Before calling the java app is good to move the
dropped file to avoid getting the same file several times.

another way: use the backgrounDRb plugin. so you can even make

cron-like things, status reporting back to the app, etc