From: Steve Mr. [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Date: Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:09:41 PM GMT+0100
Subject: [Rails] New rails user - Trying to understand why console wont
run save command

Hi Everyone,

I just found this forum today and I’m having trouble with a rails
tutorial I’m working on. On all other rails console commands it runs
when I hit enter such as:

“>> subject.new_record?
=> true”

However when I try to save a record using:

subject = Subject.new(:name => “First Subject”, :position => 1", :visible =>
true)

Nothing happens. I tried create as well. When I hit enter it just puts
an enter and doesn’t run the command which returns. Any clue what I’m
doing wrong?

Groups “Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at