From: Bob McGwier [email protected]
To: Mohammad Hamed F. [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:02:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] new 802.11b receiver

Mohammad:

Do you know Fehrouz Farhang-B? I am sure you must. He is an
acquaintance of mine. Are you in the Wireless Communications Lab or the
DSP Lab (Signal Processing Group)?

I have before, and I wish to recommend again, Fehrouz book on SDR
techniques to people here.

http://www2.elen.utah.edu/~farhang/

Who is directing your thesis work? I want to remind you and everyone
else listening, that we will soon have the USRP2. It will definitely
support the 802.11b and g. It would be good to have the code early so
we can make a plan on moving it to the USRP2 to support the full
bandwidth.

I am looking forward to visit your department at some time in the next
few months. I hope to be able to meet you.

Thank your for doing this work!
Bob McGwier

Mohammad Hamed F. wrote:

leads to
Considering the amount of research in 802.11 networks, I’m sure it

Sure, I will probably post the Verilog codes by tomorrow. Right now, I
am trying to make it more readable and neat. Sorry for the delay.

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
definition, not smart enough to debug it.” - Brian W. Kernighan

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]

You rock. That’s why Blockbuster’s offering you one month of Blockbuster
Total Access, No Cost.

Tinykoko Khor wrote:

Hi,
What is the spec for th USRP2 and when the hardware will be available?
What causing the USRP2 can overcome the USB limitation as USRP is
running at USB2 now?
Thanks

USRP2 uses gigabit ethernet

  • George