From: Tom R. [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing Channel coding toolbox
problem
To: “Ghulam Rasool B.” [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 9:28 PM

I don’t like giving out contact info for people, but Martin B. is
pretty easy to find. He contributes a lot to the mailing list, so you
should be able to find his info there.
Tom

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Ghulam Rasool B.
[email protected] wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Is it somehow possible to get mail Id of contributors if you don mind
please
Best RegardsGRB

From: Tom R. [email protected]
problem

To: “Ghulam Rasool B.” [email protected]
Cc: “Gnu Radio” [email protected]

Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 9:21 PM

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Ghulam Rasool B.
[email protected] wrote:

Thanks for reply.

yes the path exactly the same i.e/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
using the export command now, ./configure, make, make check worked but
the make install command didnot It showed

make installmake: *** No rule to make target `install’. Stop.
Please suggest what to do now.
Regards

Sorry, I’m not hands-on familiar with that project. Perhaps Martin could
weigh in here? Might not meant to be installed automatically, so you
might have to do something by hand.

Tom

From: Tom
Rondeau [email protected]
problem
To: “Ghulam Rasool B.” [email protected]

Cc: “Gnu Radio” [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 8:23 PM

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 7:20 AM, Ghulam Rasool B.
[email protected] wrote:

Hi all,

To test grc simulations given at
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Simulations

I could not find Binary symmetric channel block in GRC. I then tried to
install Channel Coding Toolbox by following instructions given at
https://www.cgran.org/wiki/chancoding

I used following commandssvn co
https://www.cgran.org/svn/projects/channel_coding/trunk/gr-chancoding

cd gr-chancoding
./bootstrap

But after giving./configureit shows following at the end:No package
‘gnuradio-core’ found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if
youinstalled software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment
variables GNURADIO_CORE_CFLAGSand GNURADIO_CORE_LIBS to avoid the need
to call pkg-config.See the pkg-config man page for more details.

I dont know what to do now.
You should adjust PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

Put it another way. Where is your GNU Radio installed to? If you
compiled and installed by hand without adjusting anything, it should be
in /usr/local. So then you will have a directory:

/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
This directory contains package config files like gnuradio-core.pc.
Point pkg-config there and you’re configure scripts should be able to
find it:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Is there some other way to do this simulation.

I have latest version of gnuradio installed i.e v3.6.3-6-gca407436.

Best Regards

GRB
Tom

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:28:56AM -0800, Ghulam Rasool B. wrote:

ImportError: libgnuradio-chancoding.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

Did you ‘sudo ldconfig’?

MB

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin B.
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and

Thanks it worked now.

From: Martin B. (CEL) [email protected]
problem
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 1:33 PM

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:28:56AM -0800, Ghulam Rasool B. wrote:

ImportError: libgnuradio-chancoding.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

Did you ‘sudo ldconfig’?

MB

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin B.
Research Associate

Kaiserstrae 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wrttemberg and

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----