From: Daniel N [email protected]
To: ruby-talk ML [email protected]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 9:01:44 PM
Subject: Re: How to find out object type

On 2/20/07, Phy P. [email protected] wrote:

umm, perhaps I am doing something wrong:

irb(main):005:0> o.kind_of(0)
NoMethodError: undefined method kind_of' for 123:Fixnum from (irb):5 irb(main):006:0> o.kind_of(1) NoMethodError: undefined method kind_of’ for 123:Fixnum
from (irb):6
irb(main):007:0>

methods may have punctuation in ruby. kind_of?( OBJECT ) uses a
question
mark.

It makes it into a question. Effectively what happens as I understand
it is
you ask the object what kind of object are you?

eg

o.kind_of?( Fixnum )