Re: HOST - Assembla Inc. Breakout - Copyright Violation by M

[For some reason, the newsgroup server seems to not have distributed
the messages yet. Thus posting via groups-google now. first message was
from 2006-09-27, second message from 2006-09-28, both with a CC to Andy
Singleton]

Ilias L. wrote:

person to the Breakout project under the user-name “lazaridis_com”
my original code, tickets and wiki pages):
You have removed a few (not all) of my commits from the repository…

for your convenience, here is a list:

http://tools.assembla.com/breakout/timeline?from=08%2F05%2F06&daysback=22&changeset=on&update=Update

Mr. Singleton,

within privat email (2006-09-28), you’ve replied that you’ve looked at
the list and removed the original code. Additionally, you stated that
it will be deployed after testing (to the production server).

It’s a small amount of code (and configuration-file changes), so why do
you need time for this simple task?

After waiting one further week, I ask you once more to revert the
commits from the repository and from the production server(s) (where my
contributions are still active):

Possibly missed during last revert:

http://tools.assembla.com/breakout/changeset/1323

Not reverted:

http://tools.assembla.com/breakout/changeset/1316

http://tools.assembla.com/breakout/changeset/1326
http://tools.assembla.com/breakout/changeset/1327

http://tools.assembla.com/breakout/changeset/1328
http://tools.assembla.com/breakout/changeset/1329

you do not need to revert those commits (as they’ve been overridden
by the update or contain irrelevant commits):

http://tools.assembla.com/breakout/changeset/1313
http://tools.assembla.com/breakout/changeset/1314
http://tools.assembla.com/breakout/changeset/1315
http://tools.assembla.com/breakout/changeset/1330

I wish you good luck in further adopting “Open Source Practices” whilst
bringing them to “commercial software development”.

Hopefully your clients are aware of what can happen within public
projects: a public confrontation.

I am just one individual - imagine what happens if a whole community
detects an abuse…!

One final tip:

If you edit manually posts / your writings on a infrastructure under
your control (assembla.com), whilst adding messages which you’ve
previously posted::

“Also, I donâ??t want your code. I will replace any code that you
wrote.”
http://assembla.com/flows/show_comment/a_Q598si0r26njaaeP0Qfc#showReply=false

do not forget one thing:

The internet-caches (like e.g. google cache):

“Also, I donâ??t want your code. I will replace any code that you
wrote, that is not covered by the GPL licensing that applies to our
Trac code, if I can find any.”
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:15NB7Z3ufJIJ:tools.assembla.com/breakout/ticket/484+Simply:+what’s+going+on+here%3F&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

Note to readers:

You can find the whole case here:

http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/Assembla

.

“Ilias L.” [email protected] wrote in message
news:[email protected]

<snip - a bunch of back-and-forth correspondence of no interest to
anyone
here whatsoever>

.

http://lazaridis.com

WHAT IS THIS CRAP DOING ON THIS NEWSGROUP???!!! IT IS UNWANTED AND
UNWELCOME!!!

If you want to make some sort of public notice of your aggrievement with
Assembla, Breakout, Mr. Singleton, whatever, take out an ad in the
newspaper!

No one here is interested in your soap opera.

– Paul McGuire

Seconded. Looks like viral marketing for either Lazaridis or Assembla to
me. Any way this spam can be rejected from the ML and whatever it’s
gatewayed to or something?

Paul McGuire wrote:

Assembla, Breakout, Mr. Singleton, whatever, take out an ad in the
newspaper!

No one here is interested in your soap opera.

– Paul McGuire

please relax and do not speak for all current and future readers
(archives).

I admit it is difficult to detect that this post is in-topic.

But it is.

And the crosspost is valid, too.

The key for it’s validity is within those two topics (to which the
original post connects):

http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/Host
http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/License
http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/Copyright

I should have posted them immediately.

.

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 07:10 +0900, David V. wrote:

Seconded. Looks like viral marketing for either Lazaridis or Assembla to
me. Any way this spam can be rejected from the ML and whatever it’s
gatewayed to or something?

Indeed. We don’t need private license disputes (I think that’s what it
is) flooding a publicly archived mailing list.

Ilias L. wrote:

please relax and do not speak for all current and future readers
(archives).

He may not be speaking for all of them, but he’s speaking for the vast
majority. You are a consummate pest.