On Sep 27, 2006, at 9:28 AM, Cameron, Gemma (UK) wrote:
Thanks a lot Morton, I’ll have a look at this widget when I get
home ( :
I had tried something similar to what you suggested with a method,
but there was no way of triggering it - i think i needed to perhaps
run it as a seperate process…
I hope not. That will complicate things quite a bit. Before you do
that I would suggest trying the following:
- Expose the label by supplying and attribute reader for it in the
window class OR provide a public method in the window to update the
label (like btn_action but accepting a string argument).
- Provide your file zipper class with code that either directly
updates the label or calls the update method in the window class.
- Don’t call Tk.mainloop in your window class.
- Create the window object.
- Create the file zipper object, passing the window object in ‘new’.
- Now call Tk.mainloop