Re: Chunky Bacon

And again, what has any of this got to do with coding!

Thanks _why for this fantastic tangant!

Gem

As the tall fox puts it’s “The only thing the world will know me for is
Chunky Bacon”. very poignant

Cameron, Gemma (UK) wrote:

And again, what has any of this got to do with coding!

This thread is the very first thing I thought of when I woke up this
morning.

(BTW the answer to the original question is because Lucky Stiff is a
dadaist
genius, and juxtaposing “chunky” with delicious “bacon”, that’s supposed
to
be smoothly cut, is very unsettling…)

On 10/26/06, David J. [email protected] wrote:

As the tall fox puts it’s “The only thing the world will know me for is
Chunky Bacon”. very poignant

Another one for us oldsters.

The Smothers Brothers used to do a bit in which Dick (the more serious
brother) introduced a song they were about to perform as being
poignant.

Tommy then looked puzzled about the word and Dick explained that it
meant “pregnant with feeling.”

Tommy then said that the song was about a girl who was “six months
poignant.”


Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/

Phlip wrote:

(BTW the answer to the original question is because Lucky Stiff is a dadaist
genius, and juxtaposing “chunky” with delicious “bacon”, that’s supposed to
be smoothly cut, is very unsettling…)

What I’d like to know is…

What’s become of the crispy bacon we had before the war? <…gunshot…>

:slight_smile:

Rick DeNatale wrote:

That is the funniest thing I have heard today.

Hal

Rick DeNatale wrote:

Tommy then said that the song was about a girl who was “six months poignant.”

LMAO

Rick DeNatale wrote:

Tommy then said that the song was about a girl who was “six months
poignant.”

She was with Why, right?

David J. wrote:

Traveling in a fried-out combie

“Mobilating in a fried-out gombie.”

I’m not even gonna google for the rest…

And I sure hope everyone blames Why for this thread!

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs