From: Roxis [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:59:49 PM
Subject: Re: Change error page by file type?

On Thursday 15 May 2008, Rt Ibmer wrote:

If someone makes a request for a .js file from our server and no such file
exists, I would like to return a different error page (actually an error.js
page) in response. Yet if they request a .htm page I want to use a
different error page (notfound.htm). Is this possible? If so can you
please show an example configuration file snippet to do this? Thank you!

location ~ .js$ {
error_page 404 /errors/error.js;
}

location ~ .htm$ {
error_page 404 /errors/notfound.htm;
}

location /errors/ {
#nothing here
}

On Thursday 15 May 2008, Rt Ibmer wrote:

error.js page) in response. Yet if they request a .htm page I want to
use a different error page (notfound.htm). Is this possible? If so can
you please show an example configuration file snippet to do this? Thank
you!

the best way is to define two other locations with same configuration

location /something/ {
#config for location /something/
}

location ~ /something/.+.js {
#config for location /something/
error_page 404 /errors/error.js;
}

location ~ /something/.+.htm {

On Friday 16 May 2008, Roxis wrote:

If someone makes a request for a .js file from our server and no such
}

  • location ~ /something/.+.js {
  • location ~ ^/something/.+.js$ {
#config for location /something/